Cooking is something I love to do in my leisure time. I don’t get much time for my hobbies but whenever I do, I try to live them well. So, I usually become a home chef and cook something special for the family. Last week, I tried something different. I did an experiment (tbh I had to. Cause I had no bacon cooker -_-) with bacon and cooked it on a slow cooker/crockpot.
However, the experiment was a huge hit. Everybody likes it. Being a chef, what could be a more pleasant prize than the praise for your cooked food?!! To share my happiness with all my friends who love to cook and want to get appreciation, I will share with you my recipe. I would be the happiest person to let you know how to cook bacon in a slow cooker. Let’s find it out.
5 Easy Ways to Cook Bacon in a Slow Cooker?
When you are in the mood to cook and eat bacon grill or craving crisp but get to know there is no bacon cooker in the house. What would you do then? Got tensed? I was exactly in the same situation that resulted in a great experiment.
Well, in that situation you can cook in a slow cooker. After my successful recipe, I researched more and discovered a few more recipes that you can cook in a slow cooker or a crockpot. So don’t take stress, just follow the instructions and steps I have provided in the blog.
5 Ways to cook bacon in a slow cooker or crockpot
Here are the recipes you were waiting for. Before starting cooking, you need to know some basic and important principles. Let’s know some basic things before knowing how to cook bacon in a slow cooker. Here they are:
- You should make sure to slice the bacon into thin pieces. The thinner the bacon pieces, the better the ingredients will be mixed with the bacon.
- Never rush when cooking in a slow cooker. You must take your time and let bacon cook properly. Only then can the real taste of food be tasted.
- Make sure to put it on low heat when you are cooking in a slow cooker. Make it mid-heat to fry bacon.
Tip: Use a paper towel to avoid extra grease while serving.
Now let’s move to the main section and find out recipes.
1- Recipes for Cooking Bacon: Kalua Pig
This recipe is a gem. For a classic breakfast or evening snacks, the recipe will be a great dish to serve. It is very delicious and smells great as well.
What ingredients you need
Count the ratio of my per ingredients then take according to your family members.
- First, you’ll need pork butt roast bone – 3 kg.
- Then, get 4 slices of bacon (cut them into thin slices).
- After that, you need 1.5-2 tablespoons (According to your quantity) of refined raw salt.
- Finally, you’ll have 5-6 peeled garlic cloves for an extra flavor. This is not compulsory.
- Place the slow cooker on the stove.
- Keep it on a low heat.
- Take all the slices of bacon and put them in the crockpot/slow cooker.
- Weighing the roast is important. Take ¾ tablespoon of salt per 500 gm of meat.
- Then stick the thin slices in the garlic cloves by cutting bacon in some silts.
- Take the roast and put it in the top of the cooker.
- Let it cook on low heat for 16 hours.
- It is now ready and you may serve.
2- Slow cooker bacon and beans
Bacon and beans cooked in a slow cooker is a special dish to serve. This dish is really easy to cook. It is much tastier, flavorful and budget-friendly as well.
- Take 15.5 oz bag Hurst’s HamBeens Slow Cooker Bacon & Beans
- 8 cups of water will be needed
- One pound of bacon (cut them into small pieces like ¼ inch measurement)
- One medium white onion (Make sure to dice it)
- Minced/chopped garlic: 2 cloves
- Salt & pepper according to taste
- Some optional ingredients to add extra flavor (if you want):
- 6 oz. your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 brown sugar
- Place the crockpot on the stove.
- Put it on low or medium heat (depends on your time). Low heat gives better efficiency.
- Wash the beans lightly and discard any unwanted debris.
- Chop onion and garlic.
- Take a pan and cook bacon until brown. Remove crispy ones and put them on a plate covered with a paper towel.
- Take a large bowl and put bacon, garlic, onion, flavor packet and 8 cups of water in it. Now mix them well.
- Put the mixture in a packet and keep it in the fridge for a while.
- Then pour the mixture in a slow cooker and put on the lid.
- Cook for 4-5 hours in medium heat and 8-9 hours in low heat.
- Keep it warm until you serve the food.
3- Recipe for cheesy bacon
This delightful dish is so delicious. The classic flavor is basically for breakfast especially.
Ingredients you need
- Get 3 slices normal size bacon
- 1lb hash brown potatoes (frozen potato)
- Take two medium sized chicken breasts with no skin or bones and cut them into one inch pieces.
- 1-1.5 cheese. You may use more if you want extra cheesy bacon.
- 2 cups of milk will be needed.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the cooker on the stove then pour the olive oil into the cooker.
- Place all 3 bacon slices on the oiled cooker.
- Pour half the brown potatoes into the slow cooker and cover the bottom.
- Now fill one-fourth with shredded cheese and one-third with crumbled bacon into the crockpot.
- Now pour in the chicken cubes and add one-fourth more cheese, then add the remaining brown potatoes and add the remaining cheese.
- Pour the mixture followed by 2 cups milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook it for 4-5 hours by putting on the lid.
- Serve it warm.
4- Slow Cooker Bacon and Cabbage
Another amazing classic dish is being introduced to you. This is basically Irish cuisine and specially prepared for dinner.
Ingredients you’ll need
- 1.6 lbs/ 750gm small ham unsmoked bacon
- Get 8 brown potatoes
- Take 1/2 Cabbage
- Need 3 Carrots
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 medium white onion
- One handful parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First peel the potatoes and carrots and wash them thoroughly.
- Peel the onions in the same way and chop the parsley well.
- Chop potatoes (in half), chop carrots and onion. Then cover the base of the cooker with them.
- Now pour water and parsley into the crockpot. Place bacon on top.
- Put the cover on and leave it for 5 hours on low heat.
- After that, add chopped cabbages to the cooker.
- Again put on the lid and let it get cooked for another 2 more hours.
- Now serve a warm dinner.
5- Slow cooked sweet bacon
This item is for snacks. Delicious sweet bacon can be a good addition to your gossips.
- 1.25 lbs bacon (for 9 servings)
- ¼ cup splenda (Healthier than normal sugar)
- Preheat the oven to 225
- Cut the bacon thick and place them in a row on a crock pot.
- Now take half of the splenda and sprinkle on top of the bacon.
- Place the pot into the oven and wait for one and a half hours.
- Remove from the oven and turn over all the bacon.
- Sprinkle the rest of the splenda on the bacon.
- Put the pot into the oven back and let it get cooked for another 1 hour.
- Remove and enjoy your snacks.
So, now you know how to cook bacon in a slow cooker. You know so many bacon recipes that can be cooked in slow cookers. I tried my best to cover every meal of the day. From your breakfast to dinner, even evening snacks, all can be cooked in a slow cooker. If you are a bacon lover then you are going to love this blog. Happy Eating!!